Thursday, July 2, 2009

New York in the Rain

I just got caught in the biggest downpour. I'm sure everyone thought I was completely crazy as they ran for cover, but I walked calmly down the street whilst big fat raindrops bounced off me.

There's nothing better than warm rain. I love monsoon season. Standing on my mother's balcony in Indonesia watching the rain fall in sheets, knocking petals off the blossoming trees...the heat so thick you could cut it. Brilliant. I was smiling as I walked along the street today, those memories coming back to me.

There's something sexy about thunderstorms. I've always wanted to kiss someone in warm rain. I think it's all those movies I watch. I've only ever kissed someone in the rain once, but it wasn't particularly warm...
I'd missed the last train home and we got caught in a downpour. We ran back towards the flat, dipping under cover wherever we could. Stealing kisses like we were teenagers. Like we might get caught at any minute.

Maybe it's the electricity in the air that does it. Charging you up subconsciously. The humidity making your heart beat that little bit faster...

No comments:

Post a Comment